Well water filter clogging up quickly

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by JackieP, Nov 23, 2008.

1. JackieP

JackieP New Member

We are in NC, the well and pump are about 5 years old. I don't know how deep the well is but it is a submersible one, and there is a tank (bladder type, I think). We had the pressure switch replaced year before last and we have a filter on the system, which we change monthly. We were having pressure issues this morning and checked the filter - it was solidly clogged with black looking sand and silt. So, we replaced the filter and tonight it is nearly the same way. Are we going to have to have a new well dug?? I hope not, that sounds very expensive.

Thanks for your help.
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Something has changed in the well. You may have to raise the pump some but should have a pump guy or driller check things out first. Or you may have a problem in the well that a driller will have to fix.