Well line leak - PICTURES- Need advice

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by pktaske, Jun 6, 2014.

1. pktaske

pktaske New Member

So I've been getting pooling water along the base of my outside wall when my 2-line above-ground jet pump runs more than 5 minutes. I dug it up today and have a question on how to best repair the lines. I'm not sure which is leaking as I ripped into one with my Bobcat while digging so I'm unable to test. I'll need to fix both.

My question is how to best replace/repair the lines that run into my slab. They enter about 12" from my wall and exit about 2 feet down on the outside. I'm pretty sure they run directly into the houses 5' footing. I'm trying to avoid anything involving a jackhammer. You can see the exit hole is pretty big (ie-some of the concrete has eroded because of the leak. Was also thinking about running a smaller pipe size through each although I don't like the idea of this restricting flow. Perhaps the existing pipes be pulled out and new ones inserted? Also - is it ok to join the pipes outside underground with dual SS pipe clamps? Cant imagine they would last long exposed to the dirt when I bury them again.

You can see the pipes going into the ground from inside (1 1/4 and 1 1/2 black poly). The outside view is directly on the outside of the wall opposite from where they go into the slab. Thanks!

photo 1 (1).jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 3-2.jpg photo 5.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. craigpump

craigpump Member

Do it right!

If you hired me, Id break up the concrete floor and put all new pipe in. While I was at it, I'd convert to a submersible pump.
  3. pktaske

pktaske New Member

Took your advice and ripped up around lines. Not nearly as bad as I thought. Working good so far but I'll let it go a few days before I fill it in. Had to do it in PVC and mate to the poly lines.