Wax ring problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

ShannaManders

Reaction score
Hello. My toilet was leaking around the base at the floor. I replaced the wax ring twice, but when I flush, water still runs out at the floor. What else could it be? Or what could I have done wrong???

Last edited:

DaleO

Reaction score
After you removed the wax ring the first of the 2 times you did it,was the wax ring squished out at all? You have to make sure the ring comes in contact with the bottom of toilet and the herkle ring(aka toilet flange in floor)
When you set the toilet down on the wax ring,did you feel some resistance?
If not you might need a thicker wax ring. also are you using a wax ring with the rubber flange in it? there are times u want to use those and there are times where u dont want ring with rubber flange..

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Other than the flange being too low or too high, there could be a couple of other reasons for it to leak:
- if it rocks, the wax will fail. You need to ensure the toilet does not rock when installed.
- it might not be leaking from the base, it could be between the tank and the bowl.
- you could have a defective toilet - there could be a small hole or crack inside

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks