Watts toilet supply line 9"

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by tia, Oct 17, 2008.

1. tia

tia New Member

Has anyone else had a problem with this PVC Hose 3/8 "compression to 7/8" toilet separating at the nylon connector end?

2. Jay Mpls

Jay Mpls Master plumber

Master Plumber /Sewer rat
    Went to tighten a *few* just by hand and had them pop off and spray me and make a goodly mess.("Oh,it just needs a little snug up, thats all....")
    Now I make sure the shut off works first.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Service Plumber
    I haven't had any problems with them because the only ones that I touch are being removed for replacement...

5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    supply

I remove plastic/nylon supply lines, never install them, for just that reason.

6. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I used to see a lot of floods from supply lines which used plastic inserts. But I thought all the manufacturers switched to all metal inserts. I always check, and would never install a flex with a plastic insert.

My favorite flex is the polymer braid....looks like SS, probably stronger, and never has condensation issue like a SS flex can.