Watts 800M4QT blowout fitting

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by bunkers, Oct 14, 2009.

1. bunkers

bunkers New Member

Ok, you can make not only my day, but my entire year here if you answer this. :cool:

I am looking for the proper fitting to connect to a Watts 800M4QT to standard 1/4" air compressor fitting.

I'm trying to blow out my sprinkler system and the test cocks included on this unit are of such a size that nobody has the parts to hook an air compressor up to it.

I need help finding the right parts!!

Thanks in advance,
    Scott
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

The test cock is 1/4". Just screw your fitting in to the test cock. Where the test cock connects to the device it is 1/8".

John
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Likely the best fitting to start with is a 1/4" street elbow. You can go from there by just screwing nipples, adapters, etc hand tight.
  4. bunkers

bunkers New Member

I don't believe any of those sizes are correct.

I could find nothing standard to fit it at home depot.

It took 3-4 adaptors to get it to convert, but they don't stay together ... and when I hand tightened it ... the inner piece got stuck in the backflow part and it took an hour to get it back out with vise grips.

They must be a solution which is a single fitting, right?

I can't image that jerry rigging this is the correct answer, is it?

Why do they put these useless test cocks on there, when they only thing I (as the homeowner) needs to do is blow the systerm out once per year ?!

When I had a febco backflow, I could just insert a standard fitting and that was it. But with the watts its some idiotic 3/8 with different threads or something ...
  5. bunkers

bunkers New Member

John, I'll have to check and see if mine really is 1/8 to 1/4 ... I see it shows thats on the website.

What is a 1/4" street elbow?

There is a part which the stores carry to blow out these things and I know that one doesn't fit mine.
  6. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

A street elbow is an elbow that has male threads on one end and female on the other.
  7. bunkers

bunkers New Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  8. cn90

cn90 New Member

For those who want to connect Air Compressor to Hose Bib, here is the setup I use (cost about $8 to put it together):

- Part 1 is the standard 1/4" Air Compressor fitting
    - Part 2 is Adaptor to go from 1/2" (Female end of the Hose Coupling #3) to 1/4"
    - Part 3 is Hose Coupling.
    Ace Hardware PN 71941
    http://www.acetogo.com/product/71941/coupl hose 34fhtx12fip.html

Use Teflon and you are good to go.

[​IMG]