Waterboss 900 Resin and Filter Replaement

Users who are viewing this thread

Golfguy

Reaction score
I’m in the process of replacing the resin and filter media for my Waterboss 900 softener. I’ve flushed the tank, from the bottom, of the resin. I also tipped the tank upside down and flushed it of the filter media, but I’m not sure how much media actually ended up coming out from the top of the tank. I’ve filled the tank with new resin. But now, I’m a bit puzzled as to how to replace the filter media. I received a 1 lb bag of gold colored filter media. I believe I’m to pour it into the water inlet port on top of the tank. But it sure doesn’t seem to want to go in. I could only get about an eighth of a cup into the port. It doesn’t seem to want to flow into the tank. Am I doing something wrong? (Obviously I am). Can anyone advise?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
As you can tell by the (lack of) responses, if your budget allows, replace the unit with a good unit. When I was a field technician for 25 years, my company would not touch that unit. Either replace or lose the job. That unit is typically not worth repairing. it is a disposable unit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks