Water Softener Issues

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dunkinidaho, Jun 13, 2013.

1. dunkinidaho

dunkinidaho New Member

Today I have a question regarding my water softener. I'm not sure I have it set correctly. It is a 40,000 gr. single stage design with 4 stages of cycling. The issue I have surrounds the time I have each stage set for. I have tried for a few years to find information on this on the net without success. It seems the industry has a muffle on the subject. There are only two people in my home and we don't drink the water as we have an RO system. We are on a well. We use K-Lite not salt. I have 1000gals set between cycles. The unit is a Fleck 5600se single backwash. Other settings are:

Iron 340000 units

Backwash 16mins.
    Brine Rinse 16mins
    Rapid Rinse 18mins
    Brine Refill 11mins

Any assistance with this would be helpful

Thanks
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Without knowing how much hardness and or iron you are trying to remove I can't tell you whether or not its set right
  3. dunkinidaho

dunkinidaho New Member

Thanks for the response, I'll read you the analysis off the paper:
    results units DL method reference
    hardness by calculation 340000 ug/L 5000 EPA 200.8 rev 5.4

Manganese not detected

Does this help

Brian