Water Softener and RO Recommendation

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by gkitts, May 28, 2012.

1. gkitts

gkitts New Member

Hello,
    I need to treat my well water and would like a recommendation for a water softener. Should I also consider a turbolator to keep the system clean because of the iron in my water? The house is 2517 square feet, 2.5 bathrooms, most of the time there are 2 people living here but on occasion there are 4. Here are the stats for my water:

PH: 7.5
    Iron: .6ppm
    TDA: 287
    Hardness: 16 gpg
    Nitrates: 0
    Flow Rate: 7 gallons per minute

I would also like to treat the water at the kitchen sink to remove the salt and possible contaminants. I am assuming an RO system would be the best way to do this or should I get a distiller?

Will the softener or RO change my PH and if so to what extent?

Thanks so much!
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

If you want to be covered when 4 people are in the house then 40K would be my choice. With just 2 of you a 32K would perform well for you but......go with the 40K and you get better salt efficiency too. As for removing sodium and whatever from the kitchen sink faucet I would go with an under counter RO