Water monitoring detection device

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by charlyb, Jun 13, 2005.

1. charlyb

charlyb New Member

I'm new to the forum here...came across this device on the internet. Just wondering if anyone has any opinion of this device. H2Orb, Check out:

www.aquaone.com
  2. thats different

I doubt that this is going to go over very well

you got to have someone that is literally totally overboard

paranoid about their toilet over flowing to want to buy one of those...

seems like a lot of trouble for something that does ot happen all that often
  3. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

Actually, I think it's not a bad idea -- all it takes is for one overflow especially from a second-floor toilet to make a homeowner want to take steps to prevent it from ever happening again.

I wonder if it would actually prevent an overflow, though, since it simply interrupts the fill water if the bowl water gets too high. Seems to me it's the water already in the tank, not the "new" fill water coming in, which you'd want to stop immediately if the toilet was about to overflow...
  4. cost and how relaible

it looks good,
    and I am sure it will work for a while
    but over time I wonder how well its gonna do..

lime deposits in the actual valve , and

everyone doing everything from
    losing their lunch to blasting god know what
    all over that senser in the bowl...

I doubt its gonna take that kind of abuse for long

if you get my meaning.
  5. motjebben

motjebben Member since 2004

Five years have passed since these posts. Has anyone tried one of these "Orb" units? http://www.aquaone.com/ or, more specifically: http://www.theh2orb.com/green/

I don't see many google (actually I see NONE) results that give any sort of reviews...
    I am interested in one for our children's bathroom on the 2nd floor.
  6. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy

Nope. But how could it EVER stop a toilet overflow.

Once the lever has been pushed, the valve ain't gonna stop it.

I like the aquarium toilet on that site though. We invented that just yesterday on this very forum.