Water leak error code on Rheem

Users who are viewing this thread

nbaxley

Reaction score
I've got a Rheem gas tankless model: ECOH200DVRHLP. I installed it myself a year and a half ago. It's been working just fine. Today I was replacing my water pressure tank and forgot to tun off the tankless unit before I drained the house to do the swap. About an hour later I realized it and turned it off. I noticed some water draining from the bottom of the front panel. I opened the panel and didn't see an obvious source. I finished the pressure tank job, and turned everything back on, but the tankless heater gave me an error code 45 (water leak). I dried up the water in the bottom of the tankless unit and I've had a fan on the open unit for about 6 hours, but restarting it still gives the same code. I've read about others on Reddit just waiting a longer time (18 hours) but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do. How bad was it to run the tankless with no or little water in it for an hour and what kinds of damage might that have done, especially to cause a leak.

Thanks,
Nate Baxley

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks