Water heater for the "Shop"

Users who are viewing this thread

Rotaris

If its not broke, fix it until it is!
Reaction score
Hello Folks I need some help determining what kind of water heater to install in my shop.

Natural gas is piped in to boiler and Tee installed so this is power source.
Electric is not even in my mind...Cost to run?
Venting can only be side wall. 5 foot run.
Indirect off my boiler (Floor heat) is an option. But seems pricey and complicated for a "Shop" that is not used daily. Overkill?
Shop has two sinks, also a shower (that i will never use.)
Washing parts/hands, some pressure washing with warm water on occasion.
Well water with Katalox filter....so just hard water. And cold!
Some times I will not use hot water for a week......
Is there a "Great Tankless" for this?
Let me know what other info you require. This is last hurdle and "Shop" is done.

Please advise.
Thanks for your help

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
There is no such thing as a great tankless.... whatever you install will cost too much
and will break your heart in time and not save you a dime

just go out and get a 30 gallon gas heater from rheem and be happy....

another route to think about is a 20 gallon electric that works off 110volt which
you can plug in and un plug when it is not needed....

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your usage is so minimal that a 6 or 10 gallon electric heater is all you need. They are 120 volts, can be wired to plug in to an outlet, and some have a switch on the outside so you can turn it off.

Rotaris

If its not broke, fix it until it is!
Reaction score
Thanks hj, I am just on the fence of trying to do it right the first time, spend 300 on 120 10 gallon, then in a year saying "damn" i need some more hot water. Power is expensive here now and it will never go down as well.
Appreciate all the advice. Seems I can not make a decision if my like depended on it.
On that note.....If my biggest concern in life is what to buy for hot water in the shop. I think life's pretty good right now:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks