Water Heater Anode Rod

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by edbreyer, Feb 12, 2005.

1. edbreyer

edbreyer New Member

I recall reading somewhere that water heaters have sacrificial anode rods that help reduce internal corrosion. Are these rods replacable in most heaters? I now have two Richmond/Rheem 50 Gal power vent heaters and with the new design (for flamible fumes) they're getting pretty pricey - so I'd like to take reasonable steps to extend their life.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

edbreyer
  2. Plumber2000

Plumber2000 Plumber

There replaceable, but to get them out is another story, they can be a bear to almost impossible to remove.