washer plumbing problems

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by planner, Apr 10, 2011.

1. planner

planner New Member

my washer bucket/container that my pump is sealed in keeps leaking.....i have disassembled and cleaned out..put back together and sealed everything again....the pump is working but when washer drains the bucket overflows...it can handle when water comes from the utility sink but not from the washer....too much pressure and water to handle..any suggestion
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

The pump basin should never be full, as the pump must always be able to pump more that in the incoming connection will allow. It sounds like you have a pump not performing properly or a switch not operating at the correct level.