wall tube broken flush to tee

Users who are viewing this thread

cwlo225

Reaction score
This is an old building (1900) where the wall tube (1 1/4") was soldered into a threaded 1 1/2" galvanized tee. There is nothing left of the tube.

Since the T is threaded, and 1 1/2", the lead is fairly thick since a 1/1/4 tube was soldered in. Was this lead originally a threaded bushing, or was the lead perhaps hammered in? Just wondering as it will help me understand how I need to proceed with the repair.

Thanks,

Chris

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
What you have may just be the tip of the iceberg. As you get into the job, there may well be more and more problems to resolve. In reading your question, I infer that you don't have much plumbing experience. Nothing wrong with that, but this may well be far beyond a novice DIY job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks