Wall Surge Protector

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by buggyboo, Dec 18, 2011.

1. buggyboo

buggyboo New Member

I live in a mobile home and I have a wall surge protector where I plug my tv and cable in. It is pretty old. I just noticed the green light is fluttering, blinking. The red is solid. Is that the protector or my outlet? Thank you.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Each one is different, but often, if the red is illuminated, it is a failure. It should be marked, but may not be all that easy to read. On mine, there's a green one that says all's okay, and a red one indicates a fault. Some also check the wiring, and will indicate red if there's no, or a poor ground connection.
  3. DonL

DonL Out of the Trades

It is bad and needs to be replaced.

Red indicates the MOV is shorted or is leaking...
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  4. BobL43

BobL43 DIY Senior Member

if its leaking badly, put a drain pan under it. (sorry, could not "resist" that). I need to learn how to conduct myself after Coronas (light). LOL
  5. DonL

DonL Out of the Trades

That is Very funny.

I went to Mexico and they told me "We do do not drink that, we sell it to Greengo's" I could not help from laughing while we had another shot of Tequila, That they do not buy. I was a Greengo and I was buying.

After a few shots, They were talking English.

They are good people...
  6. BobL43

BobL43 DIY Senior Member

Yah, Jose Cuervo is a friend of mine too
  7. DonL

DonL Out of the Trades

I think that is a song. Not sure who sung it.

Can You sing it ???
  8. BobL43

BobL43 DIY Senior Member

It was Shelly West who sung that, and I can, only after about 3 shots neat. I'm a cheap date, the ladies have it easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySdRUWYJhsk