Wall mount toilet with LowPro Sewage System

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by gojoe3, Mar 27, 2007.

1. gojoe3

gojoe3 New Member

Hello, first time here, I am a kitchen and bath designer and remodeler.

Want to know if it is possible, to configure a wall mount toilet with a pump system for a basement 1/2 bath? I don't want to break thru the concrete floor and the floor to ceiling height is only 7'-0" so building up the floor inside this tiny room will only restrict an already cramped space. But, I do have the space for a pump system adjacent to the bath space and was wondering if a wall mount waste could be plumbed horizontally to the holding tank inlet?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

It would still need the 1/4" per foot slope of any drain. Then, the tank would need to be low enough to accumulate some so it didn't have to run every time something what dumped in it. Where is the sewer outlet? Above the floor or below? Do you need a pump at all? Better to bury it, if gravity would work for the whole thing - much less to go wrong, and much less maintenance. A rear-discharge toilet is more expensive than a conventional one, too.
  3. yes, can do.

first of all, nobody needs to break concrete floors to install one of these under toilet tank and pump setups. You may be confused.

yes, any wall hung toilet or floor mount rear discharge toilet has its waste pipe coming out of the toilet at a higher level than regular toilets.

back to the tank: it raises the seat of any old regular toilet by about three inches and a half. The toilet is then seated at ADA height. Not a problem for anyone.

david
  4. i would love to know what the manufacturer says when you ask them about sending a wall hung toilet's waste into one of these tanks. I'm sure it can be done. The advantage to you, the designer, is that you don't have the half-step in the floor under and behind the toilet (where the tank has to be to receive the waste from a regular toilet). Using a wall hung opens up more space design options.

david
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2007