vitromex toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by rerod, May 9, 2007.

1. rerod

rerod New Member

I was givin a newer looking vitromex toilet. I was wondering if this brand is even worth the time to install? The people who gave it to me didnt give any info so Im worried whoever had problems and replaced it. Is it worth the time? Or does it belong in the dumpster?

Thanks
  2. zimmee66

zimmee66 New Member

No es muy bueno...(taint very good)

Well, I've exhausted my highschool spanish now...

Anyways, I cant tell you much about the particular model you have. I know they had some kind of alliance with FlushMate.

I can also tell you that I looked after an apartment building that had several of these and they were not good. Mind you, that was in the earlier days of low-water flush but the seemed poorly finished and just second rate.

Probably no better than the other bargain-basement toilets.
  3. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Don't look a gift toilet in the mouth

If you're installing it, it might be worth your time. I've been around hundreds of them in my apt. maint days and they seemed okay.
  4. rerod

rerod New Member

Thanks guys.
    The toilet looks fairly new. No stains or anything. And it would replace a 70's toilet which has mineral deposits preventing it from flushing anything other than #1. I will install it myself so its my time spent. But the last thing I need is to reinstall the old toilet.
    What took me was that it didnt have the water supply hole in the very bottom like my older toilets do.

Mike