Vinyl siding repair

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by richrc1131, Oct 7, 2009.

1. richrc1131

richrc1131 New Member

I have to install some missing pieces of vinyl siding on my house. The guy that worked on it before me removed a window and didn't replace the siding or the barrier material that goes on before the siding.

I need to know what type of barrier material I need to install first.
  2. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

What's on the existing house? If you don't know, do you know color at least? Did he put up sheathing?

Jason
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

My guess is that each manufacturer has their preference, so first, you need to figure out what you've got. The flashing around a door or window can make or break an installation, so make sure that is done right. Once the siding is up, it will hide the problems until it gets really bad.
  4. richrc1131

richrc1131 New Member

I will check tonight and report back.
  5. richrc1131

richrc1131 New Member

Sorry for not getting back to everyone sooner.

I wasn't able to get a good look, but it appears to be a 1/4" to 1/2" styrofoam like material that is a kind of light green color. I believe the manufacturer's name begins with a "T" and has a sort of curved solid border around it's logo area.
  6. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

I've known it to come in blue or pink, but not green. I did,however, find a picture of some green stuff here: http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/22485. Is that it?

If you could take some pictures of the window, siding, sheathing, whatever you got it would really help us help you.
  7. richrc1131

richrc1131 New Member

That looks like it. I will take the best picture I can and post it soon. Thanks for responding.