Very confused clog

Users who are viewing this thread

nonplumber123

Reaction score
I have an Eljer 1.6 in one of the bedrooms that won't flush and I've removed it and went through it with an auger several times but i cant seem to find the problem. It flushes completely when I lean it back but not when stationary. Liquid drains from it slowly but no solids will go down. I thought it was a vent problem originally because one of the other rooms would not flush but I eventually fixed this toilet. Even when removed water would not go down so it has to be some sort of clog or something. I just don't understand how it always completely flushes when it leans back.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
I have an Eljer 1.6 in one of the bedrooms that won't flush and I've removed it and went through it with an auger several times but i cant seem to find the problem. It flushes completely when I lean it back but not when stationary. Liquid drains from it slowly but no solids will go down. I thought it was a vent problem originally because one of the other rooms would not flush but I eventually fixed this toilet. Even when removed water would not go down so it has to be some sort of clog or something. I just don't understand how it always completely flushes when it leans back.
I had this problem a couple of times before and, each time, there was a toothbrush caught in the toilet's throat (trap). On one occasion, when I pulled the bowl and flipped it over, I could see it and pulled it out. The other time, I couldn't see it so I had to fish around from the bottom with an auger. I see that you say you've used an auger. I'm not sure what else it could be other than an obstruction in the trap. One of the pros will likely respond. Wish I could be of more help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks