Vertical drop of WC DWV line

Users who are viewing this thread

wd414

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am installing a drain line for my WC. Based on advice from plumbers, and from reading this forum, I had planned on using doubled up 45s to sweep down (horizontal to vertical) and then to sweep out (vertical to horizontal) to the main line. I was planning this to facilitate easier access for snaking. At this point I don't seem to have enough vertical space to fit the doubled up 45s -- even with short, 1.25" stubs between them they total about 25 inches tall. I have about 18".

Can I just use a 2 long sweep 90s -- 1 from horizontal to vertical and 1 from vertical back to horizontal?

The long sweeps measure about 7-1/2" tall and seem like they'll work great.

20240213_170223.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Long sweeps are fine, and you can even use a quarter bend where the drainage turns from horizontal to falling vertical (the upper one), but not the other one.

However, it looks like you'd do well with just two 45s with a couple feet of pipe between them. No need to turn fully vertical.

Cheers, Wayne

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I agree with Wayne here. Looks like the WYE to 45 on the horizontal pointed up needs to be extended to match the 45 on the upper level pipe pointed down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks