Venting...

Users who are viewing this thread

OldHouse

Reaction score
Heh, just figured I would come one here and 'vent' a bit. Just was finalizing my subfloor- screwing the ply down and wasn't paying attention. :mad: Anyway, to make a long story short, I haphazardly put a 2 inch deck screw down through my PVC drain line in my new master bath. Dumb.
Of course, the fix will be easy, but I don't have the couplers here and all stores with plumibing supplies are closed for the night.
So, now I think I'll have a glass of wine or a beer and call it a night.
thanks, I feel better now.
:)
oldhouse

OldHouse

Reaction score
Well, everything is all nice and fixed up. Sub-flooring down and ready for hardi board etc. Feeling a 'little' bit less like an idiot now :)
OH

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
Welcome to the club... I had to replace the same vent section four times now. I'm really good at that section... (it takes (2) 2" couplers, 2" 1/16 ell, 2x1-1/2x2 sani-tee, 1-1/2" coupler, 2" vent ell, some 2" and 1-1/2" X-PVC... but who's keeping track...)

Did the rough in for the tub & toilet in the basement slab, but the top & bottom weren't plumb. Off by 3/4" on a 2" pipe in a 2x4 wall...

Made it up again... Vandals came and kicked it in and broke at the slab...

Third time. Ran out of nail plates and went to get more. In the mean time the rockers installing the dropped ceiling grid shot a nail into the pipe.

Fourth time. Fell off the 3' stepladder onto my rear leaving a tape-measure bruise on my rear bumper... But THE PIPE ISN'T BROKEN!!!

Now, everyone - STAY AWAY FROM THAT PIPE!!!

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
You'd better start using rubber couplings of some kind or you'll run out of room, if this keeps up!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks