Venting island/washer/crapper

Users who are viewing this thread

avgwhtboy

Reaction score
What a great site full of great info. I already learned a ton just by reading and the pictures that professionals have posted.

I'm deep into my addition and about to finish things up. I have to tie the new plumbing into the old. I have a guy who will do the yokum for me connecting into the old cast iron but I need to get it there.

Can someone please take a look at my drawing to determine if it is the correct venting.

I am trying to utilize the vent I installed for my island which is in the addition to properly vent the washing machine and a crapper as plans have changed several times over the few year long project.

Any advice is appreciated and my skin is think. Thanks JR image.jpgimage.jpg

avgwhtboy

Reaction score
Rather mess it up than pay a plumber.. I can do it twice and it will still be less $...

Thanks

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
To start with, all of your vent take-offs must be vertical, and they can only go upwards, never down. The island can use a properly plumbed loop vent, but you have not accomplished that either.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
To start with, all of your vent take-offs must be vertical, and they can only go upwards, never down. The island can use a properly plumbed loop vent, but you have not accomplished that either.

And you don't need a p-trap for a toilet. The trap is already in the toilet.

I know it probably seems like it all makes sense as you have done it, but how you have done the venting indicates that you haven't been schooled yet in some of the relevant principles of venting. Here are two excellent handouts that explain a lot. One has good photos of it being done properly, as well as rules and tips; the other has more specific rules and a lot of good drawings. Together, they should give you an idea of how to do the venting for each fixture, and details like how high things have to be (e.g. for the washer standpipe, etc.). Give them a review and come on back. We'll look at the next draft.

http://www.klickitatcounty.org/documentcenter/view/103

Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hell yeah, there ain't nothing to plumbing. I mean alls you have to is run pipes and glue 'em together. Any dumb ass can do that. NOT

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks