Vent pipe in exterior wall - tee/90 bend

Users who are viewing this thread

patryk

Reaction score
Hi. I am looking to frame my garage and separate laundry/bath area. The plumbing (vent pipe) is inside the concrete block wall. I want to extent a few pipes and hide them in the
new wall framing but not sure which approach is the way to do it.
Can I add a tee with a short 90 so that it bends along the concrete wall and runs horizontally from there through the new stud wall? Or a short 90 is not allowed for horizontal drain?

RDT_20240426_0156558377194351936063693.png

patryk

Reaction score
short sweep aka vent 90 is fine, only when greater than 6" above flood rim of highest fixture being served
Thank you.

How about adding a vertical stack just parallel to the main vent, so that it hides between studs, and drain the fixtures through that?

Notes_240426_102742.jpg

Will this work?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
yes assuming, as drawn asuming there is nothing else just a vent through roof and drain below floor

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks