Vent a Basement Floor Drain with an AAV?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by i'm my own troublemaker, Apr 11, 2011.

1. i'm my own troublemaker

i'm my own troublemaker New Member

hello all
    need to add a basement floor drain under some Platon inside waterproof membrane in the cold cellar. It will catch very occasional drainage through an old concrete block foundation, with a trap primer. Wondering if I can vent the floor drain with an AAV? I would run the vent line off and up the wall, and keep the AAV in an accessible box, but otherwise it is a 50+ft run back to the main vent stack drilled through a lot of floor joists.
    location is Toronto, Ontario.
    cheers
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

All depends on your code and any local ammendments but I suspect that yes, you can unless your local inspector tells you otherwise