Vent a Basement Floor Drain with an AAV?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by i'm my own troublemaker, Apr 11, 2011.

1. i'm my own troublemaker

i'm my own troublemaker New Member

May 19, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario
    hello all
    need to add a basement floor drain under some Platon inside waterproof membrane in the cold cellar. It will catch very occasional drainage through an old concrete block foundation, with a trap primer. Wondering if I can vent the floor drain with an AAV? I would run the vent line off and up the wall, and keep the AAV in an accessible box, but otherwise it is a 50+ft run back to the main vent stack drilled through a lot of floor joists.
    location is Toronto, Ontario.
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Nov 29, 2010
    All depends on your code and any local ammendments but I suspect that yes, you can unless your local inspector tells you otherwise
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement