Valve identification

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by 951driver, Dec 1, 2007.

1. 951driver

951driver New Member

Can someone tell me the manufacturer of this valve? It's for a Roman tub and I need a new cartridge for one side. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

It is a no name brand.Lucky if you can find parts.I spent 4 weeks looking for parts
    on roman tub still cant find it 10 yrs later.
  3. westcoastplumber

westcoastplumber Plumbing Contractor

A picture of the trim would help....
  4. 951driver

951driver New Member

Here are pictures of the spout and the handle trim. Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Attached Files:

5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Nice job with the pictures. Thank you. Unfortunately, it looks like a million other roman tubs. Nothing on it jumps up and says....brand abc....

Our next best shot is a picture of the stem or inside the valve if you could take it apart and do that.

The number 9901 would be consistent with Moen, but I don't have my old moen parts catalog at home. I didn't find that number on their website.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  6. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Why don't you just bring that stuff, along with the old cartridge, to a plumbing supply house and try to match it up.
  7. 951driver

951driver New Member

Well, I live out in the country an hour or so from any sizeable plumbing supply house. I'll be travelling at Christmas and expect to take the valve with me. Still hoping someone can come up with the brand name at least though.
  8. construct30

construct30 New Member

I put a whirlpool tub in years ago that had a faucet that looked the same. That set up came from Universal Rundle, but they almost always put a small UR on the base of the spout. I believe a few of their parts were made by moen maybe not the older ones.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  9. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Since you have it apart, could you pop off the handle, take the stem out, and post a pic of that?