Valve Closed on Boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

thunder001

Reaction score
I was working on my boiler last night an emerald series model EM-100 and noticed after replacing the expansion tank that one of the valves in the front of the boiler was in the closed position. I never closed that valve so I'm figuring it should be. Could someone tell me if that valve should be closed? I just want to make sure since I'm not sure if it needs to be. I've researched the internet with no luck.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

thunder001

Attachments

• 20161222_084857.jpg
    20161222_084857.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 254

Jm66208

Reaction score
Back up some and take another pic. It might just be a bypass. Cant really tell from the pic though.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It may be part of a primary/secondary loop configuration, and it's disabled. Can't tell without seeing more of it.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
It looks like it's the cold water line to the tempering. It could be that the tempering valve has failed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks