Vacuum breaker on hand held shower with dual check valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

KenInCa

Reaction score
We're installing a new hand held shower (Hansgrohe). The wall outlet includes dual check valves. Is there any reason we also need to (or would want to) put on a vacuum breaker? I already have it, I'm just not sure if it makes sense to use it.

Thanks,

Ken

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It will be easier to convince the inspector it is to code with it installed. You really don't want it sitting in the tub and a hiccup draw water into the supply and pollute it, so a secondary control isn't a bad idea. I'm not sure about the codes WRT this.

KenInCa

Reaction score
It's a stall shower, and I don't think the hose is long enough for the head to reach the pan. But since I have it anyway, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put it on (I was going to return it if I didn't need it, but hey, what's another $35? :D). Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks