Utility Showers

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Seattle Mike, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Seattle Mike

Seattle Mike New Member

Sep 8, 2004
    I'd like to set up a utility shower in my basement, next to the washer/dryer area. There is a floor drain to hook into and I think I can get water to it. There used to be utility all-in-one shower stalls, which I think would do the trick. I'm not looking for a full time heavy duty set up, just something that could be used now and then.

Any ideas where I go finding something like this? McLendon's in Renton WA used to carry one, but they don't anymore.

Seattle Mike
  2. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

Nov 7, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Mike Swearingen

Mike Swearingen New Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Independent Real Estate Broker
    On Albemarle Sound In Northeastern NC
    You should be able to "T" right into the hot and cold water supply lines of the washing machine (install cut-off valves for the shower), and depending upon your basement set-up, drain directly to the trapped floor drain without a shower trap, drain line and vent line for the shower kit.