Utility Showers

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Seattle Mike, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Seattle Mike

Seattle Mike New Member

I'd like to set up a utility shower in my basement, next to the washer/dryer area. There is a floor drain to hook into and I think I can get water to it. There used to be utility all-in-one shower stalls, which I think would do the trick. I'm not looking for a full time heavy duty set up, just something that could be used now and then.

Any ideas where I go finding something like this? McLendon's in Renton WA used to carry one, but they don't anymore.

Thanks!

Seattle Mike
  2. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  3. You should be able to "T" right into the hot and cold water supply lines of the washing machine (install cut-off valves for the shower), and depending upon your basement set-up, drain directly to the trapped floor drain without a shower trap, drain line and vent line for the shower kit.
    Mike