Urgent - Is it normal for plumbers to make $325/hr?

Users who are viewing this thread

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Few days after move in one of my sons used the bathroom and clogged it up. Thought it was just a simple plunger fix and even used my little snake to run it down the toilet. Turns out the issue wasnt fixed and after running the washer the toilet overflowed out of the bowl a couple times, until we realized the washer running was causing the overflow. Turned off the washer and toilet stopped overflowing. Called out Roto Rooter and they unclogged the sewer line but ran a camera down the line and said I had a belly in a section of the pipe which was the root cause of the toilet clogging. They are charging me $2900 to fix the section of pipe, this included them having to break 2 feet of concrete to re-route the pipe. Any suggestions of whether or not this is something that can wait or I need to get done right away? If I absolutely have to Id put it on a credit card. Just very overwhelmed right now, help would be much appreciated.
You should probably start a new thread not tag on to one where the last activity was almost 9 years ago.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks