Universal connection

Users who are viewing this thread

hilliap

Reaction score
Hi...I'm stuck! I decided to put in a new shower valve, and my buddy gave me a deal on a Grohesafe EF valve (35.253.00) with 'universal connection' for the hot/cold inlets....

OK, I'm fairly new at this....what is a universal connection?? The inlets have 1/2" male threads...but not sure what female connector to get.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Try a piece of 1/2" pipe and see if it will fit inside the opening. Many are made so you can solder a pipe to it directly, or use the threaded fitting. If you solder it, remove the cartridge first so the heat doesn't damage it. Same procedure is needed - clean and flux, then heat the fitting (in this case the valve body), not the pipe. Because of the mass, it will take awhile to get it hot - this is where a MAPP gas torch can help, but is not essential, just faster.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks