Unique island vent situation

Users who are viewing this thread

whackit

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a pretty unique situation for an island vent. I'm pretty hemmed in with structure and have only one way to really do it. Here is the rough layout (obviously not including vent extension and not to true scale). Basically I just kept the vent line draining and moved the vent connection from the loop to vertical. Does this work? I think it does but not sure. I'm concerned with code approval not just functionality. I'm under UPC.

Thanks!

IMG_7961.jpg

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a pretty unique situation for an island vent. I'm pretty hemmed in with structure and have only one way to really do it. Here is the rough layout (obviously not including vent extension and not to true scale). Basically I just kept the vent line draining and moved the vent connection from the loop to vertical. Does this work? I think it does but not sure. I'm concerned with code approval not just functionality. I'm under UPC.

Thanks!

View attachment 24556

Save yourself the hassle and either waste stack vent it or stick an AAV on.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Asktom

Reaction score
I can't imagine LA would allow an AAV. If you have an inspector you can talk to, do so before you put it in. The NH 1/4 bend looks like a short sweep, it should be a medium sweep The ABS 1/4 below the combination will need to be a long sweep and you need a cleanout above or below the the san tee and another on the vent where it turns up.

whackit

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't imagine LA would allow an AAV. If you have an inspector you can talk to, do so before you put it in. The NH 1/4 bend looks like a short sweep, it should be a medium sweep The ABS 1/4 below the combination will need to be a long sweep and you need a cleanout above or below the the san tee and another on the vent where it turns up.

Yes I know that the fittings are incorrect in terms of sweep. I was more just concerned if relative positions were acceptable.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I do not see any problem with it. I have done it that way many times when there was room to make the connection to the vertical. Usually, that is not the case.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks