Undermount installation option???

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by jcifjr, Mar 20, 2006.

1. jcifjr

jcifjr New Member

I'm planning on purchasing an Amer. Stand. Lifetime whirlpool tub
    (Model 2425L-LHO) and specs say that it was "Designed with undermount installation option". It also states that it has "Integral three-sided, tiling flange". My question is, if it has a built in tiling flange, how does this "undermount option" work? How can you install a bath deck on top of the flange?

I'm only a do it yourselfer, but I've done a couple of recess tub installations, however I've never heard of this option.

:confused:
    Thanks in advance.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tub

The 2425 I see in the Am/Std site is a Hampton and all their pictures show it installed in a recess.
  3. jcifjr

jcifjr New Member

tub

I agree.....that's why I'm confused as to what an Undermount installation option is. Is there some sort of kit that will allow you to undermount even though it's got the flange?
  4. rdtompki

rdtompki New Member

I spent a lot of time looking a whirlpool tubs recently and all of the "undermount" models had a flat lip that could be undermounted or could still be used in a drop-in installation. The tubs with a rounded lip could not be undermounted.