two story wet vents

Users who are viewing this thread

myk3ha

Reaction score
I'm planning a rebuild of a two story slab on grade duplex in Saint Petersburg FL with (almost) the same fixture layouts on both floors and need help designing/understanding the DWV system with wet vents. I've read elsewhere that I can put just two fixtures on a wet vent and need to upsize one pipe size on the drain side and those are the (only) facts that I've used in my design so far. I've looked at a few examples of other similar plans, including one on this site but I'm skeptical of my own plan because it looks overly simplified by comparison. I have included the picture of the existing stack for the entertainment only of you "northern" readers that may have never seen something so rediculous. Thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions. Mike

dwv.JPG

old stack.jpg

Asktom

Reaction score
You cannot wet vent between floors. A drain from the second floor cannot be used as a vent for a fixture on the first floor.

myk3ha

Reaction score
You cannot wet vent between floors. A drain from the second floor cannot be used as a vent for a fixture on the first floor.

Thanks asktom. Would something like this work? Am I correct that it appears that the toilets vent on the shower and tub drains? Mike

dwv_2.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks