Twin Ell Install

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by NW_Husker, Jan 26, 2008.

1. NW_Husker

NW_Husker New Member

I am installing a shower system with a 3-way transfer value in a whirlpool tub. I want to offset the tub spout so it's not in the way of someone's head [when there are 2 people in the tub ;-) ] My question is does a twin ell have to be installed in a vertical position or can I install the IN and OUT side of twin ell horizontally?

Thanks!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

If it is the right transfer valve, and it is installed properly, then it takes the place of the twin ell, so your question is irrelevent. But if you do want to use the twin ell, its function does not depend on its location or orientation relative to the control valve.