Turbotorch problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Jenny B

Reaction score
Hi folks
I bought a brand new turbo torch with a long 12 foot hose, because I was using a cheap knock off before and the hose kept cracking. Decided I didn’t want to blow up...
Anyways I’m having trouble lighting it- it has an igniting torch tip, and I have to click it over 20 times to start, or it won’t at all. I’ve taken the end apart and it’s definitely sparking. I can hear gas. It’s not leaking. I tried even lighting it with a lighter and that didn’t work either. It won’t stay lit. I tried swapping out the torch tip onto a different regulator of the same type, directly to the can and it worked. I tried swapping out the other regulator I have, that I know works and had the same problem. Sometimes if I start the gas at a trickle it’ll light but often that doesn’t work. I’m getting so frustrated by it, I’m thinking it’s something wrong with the hose since both the torch tip and regulator work otherwise... so weird and annoying. Anyone have any advice? It’s an LP-2 with an STK-r tip on a 12’ hose. I’ve heard that the regulators can be fussy if you open them too fast but I don’t think doing that. Bah!

Attachments

• BC6A2F9B-FD94-46E6-A765-56D0D30D62ED.jpeg
    BC6A2F9B-FD94-46E6-A765-56D0D30D62ED.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 165
  • EAB64CA1-4007-4E9A-939A-B2267A1B3621.jpeg
    EAB64CA1-4007-4E9A-939A-B2267A1B3621.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 176
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks