Tub Surround Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

White Tiger

Reaction score
I am working in a bathroom that the walls need replaced bad but I dont want to change the tub, we are looking to find a surrond to fit onto a standard type tub. We will remove everything to the studs, Lowes has some has tub surrounds that can be mounted to the studs with nothing behind. What are your opinions as to proper way to approach this job? Thanks! I appreciate all of the expert advice on this forum.:confused: :confused:

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
You need to check the level of the tub. If a tub is out of level it is not worth changing the walls.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The Sterling Vikrell by Kohler is an excellent acrylic enclosure, and it mounts directly to bare stud walls. This may well be the model you were looking at.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks