Tub Overflow with no way to mount cover

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by kferko, May 15, 2006.

  1. kferko

    kferko New Member

    May 15, 2006
    I put in a new bathtub, and had a plumber do the rough-ins. Now that the tub is tiled and everything, I went to install a cover over the tub overflow hole and realized that there is no small threaded hole(s) to screw anything into, and the overflow is threaded on the outside simply attached to the tub by use of a single large 2" diameter nut. Is this some special brand? I can't find a cover that is threaded like this. Since then the plumber who installed the overflow has gone AWOL and left no info or spare parts.

    Any Ideas?
  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    It could be a Kohler or Gerberit drain, among others, but who ever made it, I don't think you will find any extensions to solve your problem. Especially if the drain closure mechanism is in the overflow opening.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Overflow mount
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Tub overflow logo ID help please. Jan 22, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog removing overflow on cast iron tub obstructed by tabs Sep 11, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Tub overflow seal "....not designed for constant exposure to water" ????? Apr 21, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog How to plug overflow hole on soaker tub Feb 9, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Bathtub replacement - what to do if overflow not centered over drain Dec 2, 2013

Share This Page