Tub Caulking Problem

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by vanguard, Sep 23, 2009.

1. vanguard

vanguard New Member

Sep 23, 2009
    This would be my 3rd time re-caulking my tub in 2 weeks!

I had my tub refinished a year ago and the man who did it used caulking that hardens. Anyway it scraped that caulk off because it was coming off. Last week I used Polyseam seal. I didn't use the shower for 36 hours. Today I see the caulking coming off and I also noticed that it's still soft. I know some people swear by Polyseam seal but it seems that it didn't work for me.

Is there a brand out there that you guys recommend?

Is there a trick to quickly harden the caulk like using a hairdryer?

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    If things had been leaking, and there is moisture weeping from behind, you will probably have problems with any type of caulk. Some may skin over in a short time, but can take over a week to fully cure. Silicon is a pain to work with, but can last a long time. Search on caulk, and you'll get some ideas. Also check out www.johnbridge.com for some ideas and info in their 'Liberry'.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement