trying to make this work

Users who are viewing this thread

foghat35

Reaction score
I ran into somewhat of a problem with a bath remodel I'm helping with. They ordered a single hole sink with a matching faucet that has 17" flexible supply hoses already connected deep in the faucet. The problem is that the stops are at floor level so the connectors are over a foot short. Initially I figured they could get a new faucet with rigid supply lines and I could union another chrome riser under the sink out of view but I can't find single hole faucets with rigid supplies. Then I thought to do the same thing with the flexible hoses but it doesn't look so good expecially with a brass union in full view. This is where I might be reaching, but is it acceptable to union a flexible hose to a solid riser?? I figure if the riser could be braced somehow, then the flexible hose can be coiled up under the sink along with the union out of view. I know it's hack thinking. thanks

BAPlumber

Plumber
Reaction score
Is this sink a pedestal, wall hung or have a cabinet? could you use a 3/8" x 3/8" braided supply and connect to faucet supply with a 3/8" compression coupling?

foghat35

Reaction score
It's a wall hung sink. Using the coupling and another flexible supply would be acceptable if I could get a chrome plated coupling. It might be the only way to do it short of getting another sink and faucet.

foghat35

Reaction score
Thanks but none of the supply stores I called have chrome 1/2" unions on the hoses. I'm just going to put two 3/8" hoses together. I bought brass 3/8" compression unions that are usually used to couple 3/8" solid risers. Is this what is normally used to connect flexible supply hoses? They seem to fit well. thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
that's what I used when I needed a little more length in my vanity...but I don't have to look at it all the time. Have you checked out the Watts catalog? They've got a fairly extensive line. You might have to order something.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks