tp discharge pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

reed50

Reaction score
Discovered the tp valve discharge pipe goes straight into the crawl space. I am going to fix that issue but had a question. The discharge pipe itself is cvpc pipe. The end screwed into the tp valve is also plastic. Is this correct or does it need to be changed. Thanks for the help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The discharge could be quite hot. Check local codes, but plastic pipe may not be allowed within a certain distance of the WH. I'd prefer copper. The local code also would dictate where it could discharge. It is better to have it discharge where you would notice it so you have a heads-up as to a problem, rather than it being hidden where you'd probably never know until it was a really big problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks