Toto Won't Stop Running

Users who are viewing this thread

TLowing

Reaction score
I have a Toto Supreme. Toilet was running all day so I replaced the flapper then the valve. Still running. Any ideas?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Where is the level? If some dirt gets into the fill valve, it could run continuously. Normally, if the flapper valve leaks, unless it is a very big leak, the fill valve runs intermittently, not continuously. If the valve needs cleaning or the seal needs replacing, then the cap needs replacing. The cap costs about $3 (assuming it is the Korky valve).

Last edited by a moderator:

TLowing

Reaction score
As I noted the valve and flapper are brand new repalcements trying to fix the problem with the old valve.

Micp879

Reaction score
As Jim asked earlier, what is the preset water level inside the tank? If it is set too high, the water will spill over into the overflow tube, and the toilet will constantly run. If thats not the problem, I would maybe think maybe a leaky float ball that is filling up with water and not allowing the fill valve to shut off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks