Toto Vespin vs what plumber knows

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The 12 inch UNIFIT is going to be in the box with your Vespin II. It's the only way you can install the Vespin II. Assuming that you have a 12 inch rough-in, which is the distance from the finished wall to the center of the bolts on your existing toilet, that's what he will use.

JoanF

Reaction score
The 12 inch UNIFIT is going to be in the box with your Vespin II. It's the only way you can install the Vespin II. Assuming that you have a 12 inch rough-in, which is the distance from the finished wall to the center of the bolts on your existing toilet, that's what he will use.

Thank you for telling me this! I really am enjoying learning from you! I told him I had 28" from the wall to the tile that is on the top of my cabinet and he wrote me and said everything will fit. LOL, he ended his sentence with a little pic of a toilet! I got a good smile and laugh out of that. Never seen it before! Do you know anything about dishwashers? I have electric to mine but no water ! Cannot understand why not. I haven't let any food get into the interior. Thus I have been without a dishwasher for a long time. I haven't been able to get it fixed. It was new and worked for a few months and then quit. The man came out to look at it and couldn't find the problem! Go figure. Now there is no warranty.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
He said I needed 15"from wall to where the toilet will be placed down.

First, let's look at the Vespin II spec sheet diagram: https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst474cefg-specs.pdf
The first question to ask is what are your bolt distances from the wall (not the baseboard, although that will certainly play a big part in whether or not you can install it)? Is it 15"? Do you have a baseboard heater directly behind the toilet bowl?

Next measure the distance to the water valve. Is the valve directly behind the bowl? If it is you probably can't install the Vespin II without having a lot of empty space behind the tank when using the 10" or 12" uni-fit setting setting. Chances are, and Terry please correct me if I am wrong, if it about 3" from the centre line of the bolt holes the skirt may hit it.

https://terrylove.com/wc/unifit.htm Nice pics, no?

{Terry, your site definitely needs a better Search function. Trying to find the thread about the Vespin where the neighbour's house can be seen. :D }

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, the toilet will fit with only 28" side to side, but CODE requires that there be at least 15" either side of center on ANY toilet installation. Now, whether your inspector will give you any grief or not is a totally different question.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks