Toto Ultramax Flapper Not Landing Squarely, Water Leaks Out of Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

berchman

Reaction score
If I lift the trip arm by hand, directly upwards, the flapper will seat correctly. But if I use the flush handle, the flapper will often, not always, land slightly off center, allowing water to leak out of the tank. I notice a little horizontal play in the trip arm. If I replace the handle and trip arm, will this fix the problem?

My model is THU 175S.

Reach4

Reaction score
Could you bend the existing arm or clip into a different hole in the arm?

berchman

Reaction score
Could you bend the existing arm or clip into a different hole in the arm?
It's the correct hole in the arm. It's the fact that there is some horizontal play in the arm as it emerges from where it is attached to the handle. I just wonder if a new handle and arm would not have such play. Certainly, the toilet did not have this problem for a number of years.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When the flapper valve ages, it starts to collapse and the edges are no longer horizontal, but form sort of a cone. That actually makes the diameter slightly smaller. If that's it, replace the flapper, and all will be well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks