Toto Ultramax fill valve won't shut off

Users who are viewing this thread

Jinmalibu

Reaction score
I have a 7 yr old Toto Ultramax (model 854??). Water keeps filling into the overfill tube after flushing. If I apply pressure to the side closest to the flush handle it will stop.

Should I start with a cap replacement or take it apart and clean it?

Also, I started messing with it before doing any research here. I turned the plastic adjustment screw which caused the top part of the valve to lift up an inch or so and the screw went down into the valve no longer in its place. After this happened the valve shut off after flushing for a little while but is back to over flowing.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto uses several fill valves...the one you likely have with the screw on the top, the screw is the height adjustment, so raising it also raised your water level in the tank...screw it back down.

The only service you can do on that valve is to remove it and using a pair of needle nose pliers, pull out the filter screen from the bottom and clean it...if that does not fix the leaking problem (this assumes your flapper valve is not leaking), then you need to replace the valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks