Toto Toilets

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by BMB, Nov 25, 2007.

1. BMB

BMB New Member

We installed three Toto toilets this summer - Carlyle 1 pc, Aquia 2 pc, Drake 2 pc. All have excellent flushing volume - no clogs. However, none of them have much "swirling action", so the "bowl washing" action is minimal, leaving stains in the bowl. Even the Carlyle with "Sani-Gloss" does not wash well.
    This is my only complaint, so far. My wife really appreciates the skirted design of the Carlyle & the Aquia and we like the "soft-close" lids on all three models. The Aquia dual flush is a curiosity with guests. The low water level in the Aquia is unusal, but has the same staining issues as the others with normal water levels. The "Unifit Rough In Adapter" on the Carlyle 1-piece model was a lifesaver, as the toilet drain was installed at 11" instead of 12". We were able to order the 10" Unifit adapter and complete the installation.
    I researched various manufacturers flushing volume, but the report didn't address washing action. Does anyone make a toilet with that doesn't clog and washes the bowl?

2. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

Yes. Toto makes the Soiree and Guinevere models, both of which feature the "double cyclone" flushing action. I installed a Soiree in my house in recent months and like it a lot. Good-sized water spot and great bowl wash.

I considered the Aquia, mostly for the looks and the novelty (not to mention water saving) but was turned off by the small water spot, need for precision aiming, and potential for less-than-optimal bowl wash.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Sofa King

Sofa King New Member

My dear sweet Guinevere loves to wash the bowl, she has excellent bowl wash, you should have researched more before you plunked down your cash.
    I think the soiree looks ugly

JMHO
    Sofa King stylish

[​IMG]
    Toto Guinevere

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008