Toto slow close seat VS Bemis slow close seat for Toto Promenade

Users who are viewing this thread

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I saw the Toto Promenade toilet at a local plumbing supply showroom, and the slow close seat on it was made by Bemis, and has a seemingly nice feature on it: easy to remove seat assembly by flipping 2 latches.

The salesman told me that the Toto brand seat is made by Bemis anyway. Any truth to this, and is one seat better than the other? thanks in advance

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't really offer a comparison, I have never used the Bemis, but I do have 2 Toto soft close seat that I find very nice. I rather doubt that Bemis makes the Toto seats, but again, not factual knowledge. If you try the Bemis, a feedback after using it for awhile would be appreciated. Best thing is, you'll have a great toilet and if changing brands of seats is desired later, it will not be a costly change.

cwooden82

Reaction score
I bought a Bemis soft close with the easy off latches for my Toto Drake II and am very happy with it. It was less expensive than the Toto seat and I like the seat design better. The easy off latches have been a godsend when it comes to cleaning - just pop it off, spray with cleaner and rinse off in the tub. Would never go back to a seat that I couldn't remove to clean

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I bought a Bemis soft close with the easy off latches for my Toto Drake II and am very happy with it. It was less expensive than the Toto seat and I like the seat design better. The easy off latches have been a godsend when it comes to cleaning - just pop it off, spray with cleaner and rinse off in the tub. Would never go back to a seat that I couldn't remove to clean

Thanks for the replies. The store I bought the Promenade toilet and LPT530 pedestal sink at kind of overcharged me at 67 bucks for the seat (I see it , the Bemis 200slow, online for about 40 bucks). I do like the feature of the easy remove seat though.

AGCRUISE

Reaction score
I bought one of the Bemis slow closers 7 months ago. I really like the design, especially the quick release attachments. Unfortunately the slow close function has already stopped working. The seat just slams shut as if it was a regular closer. For some reason the lid still does the slow close. As far as I can tell from examination and internet research, there is no adjustment. Luckily I found my receipt so I am about to try to return it to Home Depot. I am a quick learner, so I probably won't buy another one of these brands.

bemis-color-match-white.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks