Toto chain question

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by supview, Nov 26, 2007.

1. supview

supview New Member

I have two new Toto Ultramax toilets and i was just wondering if someone knew what the little white plastic "tubes" that are on the flush valve chain are for. And are they supposed to dangle down on top of the flush valve or they supposed to be up by the hook.

Thanks
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Don't know for sure (none of my older Toto's have this), but would say that it might work best down near the flapper. This would keep it from being able to slip underneath the flapper and hold it open if it was adjusted too long.
  3. supview

supview New Member

Ok thanks, the reason i ask was that in one of the Totos, the tube is dangling on the flapper, and the other Toto has the tube clipped under the clip on the chain. I guess the plumber must have put them there. So i guess that they should both be dangling on top of the flapper?
  4. grazzy

grazzy New Member

i think they also prevent the snagging of a metal chain. i like the plastic chains for that very reason.
  5. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

That flapper is the new G-Max flapper THU175S (Dark Pink) it replaces the THU138S (Red) and the plastic tube is to deter the chain from twisting and getting caught.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009