Top mount sink in a concrete top - How??

Users who are viewing this thread

Dgold

Avoid DIYer
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm wanting to mount this Elkay 15 x 15 bar sink in a concrete counter. The counter is about 2" thick, but the screws & clips that came with the sink are only long enough to mount it on a plywood top.

In the 1st pic, I'm showing the sink has a slight bow to it, but I don't think that will be a problem, because with a little force I can easily get the sink flush with the top (as shown in the 2nd pic).

Any suggestions on how I either get longer screws, or the best way to try to pull this thing down to my top?

Thanks in advance,
David

Ps. The steel under the top in the 3rd pic is no longer needed. I can remove that in about 10 with an angle grinder.

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Without seeing your clips, would it be possible to just buy new, longer screws, and use the existing clips? You may want to call a granite fabricator - they deal with thicker counters all of the time and may have what you need.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
How about a picture of the hardware, screws, clips etc.? Bottom of the sink etc. where the clips attach?

Dgold

Avoid DIYer
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I found an easier way to make this work, so I figured I'd post it for these next guy who gets stumped by this same problem...

I Just used an angle grinder to quickly cut two slots in the countertop - 1" from the top surface - for the standard (short) clips to grab on to.

Made a little dust, but since it's outside, no big deal.

Also, those Elkay screws are a PITA! A piece of 1/4" tubing slipped over a long slotted screwdriver made it a LOT easier to turn them.
See pics below.

Hope this post helps someone one day.

BTW, I did find some longer length screws at Depot, but I'll be returning those now - no need.

David

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks