Toilets for youth group building

Users who are viewing this thread

Loke

Reaction score
The organization for which I work is looking to replace old toilets in our building's basement with low flow ones. Our building is used for sleepovers with girls aged 5-18, as well as events for adults and we're looking for reliable toilets that flush well and do not clog. A suggestion has been made that we consider dual flush toilets, but I'm of the mind that anything requiring instruction to use (thinking of 5 year old kids, in particular) is not the best option.

As a Toto owner myself I would recommend consideration of some of the Eco models now available (Drake?) But price is potentially an issue. I do recall seeing posts about the American Standard Cadet 3, but that one shouldn't purchase from a big box store as those, it seems, may be seconds.

Any suggestions as to what to recommend would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
As I see it, you have two choices. Buy a cheap toilet and have constant flushing problems, or pay a bit more and get a set of Toto Drakes and spend you time enjoying the kids. Actually, a cheapo might work OK at home with just your own kids, but for a whole mob? I know, there great kids, but a whole bunch of kids together are not the same as your own in your own home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks