Toilet siphon flushing much less water now

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim Carrey

Reaction score
Hello!

I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled.

I didn't do or change ANYTHING.

The problem: Now, when I flush, the siphon stops the flushing at a much higher level than before, flushing much less water than before. The flushing now stops every time at the hole you see on the picture. Before, it was stopping at one of the holes on the left (that is, at a much lower level).

Again: I didn't change ANYTHING. The hole the arrow is pointing to has always been unplugged.

Was it bad that I flushed without the siphon being covered with water? How can I make the siphon go back to flushing normally (that is, almost emptying the cistern)?

Thank you!
71hjBahcD+L._AC_SL1500_.png

Reach4

Reaction score
Your fill valve is unfamiliar to most of us. If you can find the instructions, you might find how to clean or adjust the fill level. Your valve has those 3 red thing that may be some kind of adjustment. Maybe you rotate those to adjust. Looks impressive. Maybe try rotating all to 12 o'clock to see if that changes the fill height. Try again, pointing to 3 o'clock.

It is common to just replace a fill valve if it not immediately fixable. When replacing a fill valve, some routinely replace the flex line with a new one. I am not a plumber, and am not that cautious.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks